In 1954 the Sanyang Electrics company was formed in Taiwan to manufacture dynamo-electric lights for bicycles. In 1962 the newly formed Sanyang Industry Co. Ltd became the first motorcycle manufacturing company in Taiwan after entering into a technical cooperation agreement with Honda. This relationship ended in 2002 when Sanyang Motor Co, as it is known today, started building their own brand of motorcycles, scooters and ATV’s under the SYM banner. Over the years SYM has built over a staggering 16 million scooters and developed an enviable reputation for quality and reliability.
Although available in SA for many years, SYM has really flourished locally since the SA distribution rights were awarded to KMSA Distributors. The brand has grown from strength to strength, with an ever-expanding range of scooters and light motorcycles. Currently, the top-selling scooter brand in SA, SYM have established their dominance by offering top quality products at affordable prices, backed up by a countrywide dealer network.
Customers can thus enjoy complete peace of mind when they acquire any SYM product, be it as a commuter, leisure vehicle or hard-working commercial unit.
Little known facts about the Sanyang Motor Co.
- Assemble much of Hyundai’s vehicles for the Taiwanese domestic market
- Build 600,000 motorcycles and 20,000 cars per year
- Has strategic partnerships with Hyundai, Mahindra, Bombardier and International Trucks
- Has manufacturing plants in Taiwan, Vietnam, China and Japan
- Enjoys an annual sales revenue in excess of 1 Billion US dollars
For more information visit: www.sym.co.za